Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Baby Blues!

Postpartum depression sucks!! I have it and I know I have it bad but overcoming it is something else entirely. I feel worthless, fat, and I don't want to do anything around the house. All I can bring myself to do is take care of the baby and I probably am not good at that. I also don't want to leave the house. I seem to be making everyone around here mad but I am not sure what to do about that. I did ask for meds from the doc but they made me feel VERY sick so I had to stop them. OMG- I hope this ends soon!

I wrote this as an outlet because I am pretty sure not many people read my blog- otherwise I would be horribly embarrassed. I feel like if I say it out loud (or write it down) that it helps. I researched Postpartum depression and only 20% of women go through what I am feeling. I feel like I should be able to control it but can't. I am too embarrassed to go to the doc again even cancelling my 6 week checkup!

6 comments:

christy said...

sorry stacey! don't give into it or it may get worse. force yourself to get out and you may feel better. don't feel embarrassed to go back to the doctor. he could have some good advice or something else that can help. if it's possible for Sean to take a day off let him and you go out and do things that you want to do or something. now is the time to pamper yourself to get through this tough time. is it worse when you are older? I wonder if Carrie will go through this. She is trying to get pregnant.

Janine said...

DON'T cancel your appointment...go! And tell them exactly how you are feeling. There might be different meds you can take that won't make you sick.

And try to get outside even for 20 min. everyday.

I wish I lived close enough to help...

christy said...

oh and vitamin D(the sun) can make you feel a lot better. I can tell a huge difference if I don't get out and get some sunshine everyday.

The Magonigal Family said...

Thanks Christy and Janine- it is nice to have friends that care! My doc is not good at this stuff- he doesn't even sit down in the appointment and acts like he is super behind. I think the move and not having close friends is making it harder.

Renee said...

I'm so sorry! I had this with my last two and no one quite prepares you for just how hard it is!!! With my last one, I had it so bad I thought something was wrong with her and I used to cry and cry. Good times.

Maybe a new doctor would be a good thing?... and I totally agree with Janine, 20 minutes out and about every day.

Hang in there.

Samantha said...

I am Christy's sister in law. I think I went through this kind of thing after my 2nd child. No matter what you'd call it, it was really hard. I think it gets better and there's ups and downs- but definitely try to get help if you need it, and know you are not alone. I think way more than 20% go through this.