Friday, October 3, 2008

Update from Sean

Just a quick note to say "Hi" to you all. I have been down in Kuwait for the past week which has been a bit of a break from the day to day grind up in Iraq though the flying over the open desert at night is still extremely challenging and brings its own dangers (different than the threat of fast moving projectiles in Iraq). As funny as it may sound though, I have thought to myself several times today that I am ready to get back home (meaning Camp Taji, Iraq). Though Kuwait is a nice change of scenery and certainly the work pace is much slower down here, the food in the mess hall was not so good. We cooked out hot dogs on the grill several times to reduce the number of meals we ate there. The beds here are not as comfortable as what I have up in Iraq either and I have had 5 roommates here which is fine, but it will be nice not to have to read by flashlight or worry about waking up my buddies if I have to get up in the middle of the night.

I was recently called to serve in the LDS Serviceman's Group leadership for the group there in Taji which has been fun. We have about 40 members on the rolls and have anywhere from 10-30 attend on any given Sunday. I gain great strength from the testimonies of the other members here and am constantly amazed at the blessings that the Lord showers down upon me. Thank you all for your prayers. Sean

2 comments:

christy said...

Thank You Sean! Your service and bravery is deeply appreciated.

Anonymous said...

WE MISS YOU SEAN!!!

Cant wait to see you come home!!

All the Parish's!!